Thursday, April 23, 2020

And the Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker

Other than the John G. Munson (which I wasn't sure I'd catch), this is the ship that made me want to go down to Belle Isle.
 She was the Kaye E. Barker, and she belongs to Interlake Steamship.
 She was heading down from Marquette with a load of taconite.
 And she was delivering that load of taconite to Dearborn.
 I'm not sure how much longer the steel mill will stay open.  I think it depends on how long this crisis lasts.  Although, I'm pretty sure they want to keep the mill open because it's harder to shut it down and reopen.
 As you can see, it was pretty rough on the river.
 the almost beam shot.
And the beam shot.  From this point, it would be about another hour and a half to the steel plant on the River Rouge.

No comments: