Thursday, April 23, 2020

Well Well It's the CSL Welland

I was going to head out after the last ship, but I looked down the river and saw that this one wasn't too far.
 As I look at the Ambassador Bridge behind her, I don't think I remember seeing truck traffic that light before.  Granted, most traffic between the two countries has stopped but essential traffic is still permitted.
 Like the other CSL ship,  I wasn't sure where the CSL Welland was heading from.
 But I do know that she is heading to Thunder Bay and given her configuration, she is likely picking up grain from there.
 She is what is known as a straight decker because she doesn't have the self unloading equipment.
 She is unloaded by a set of large claws that scoop stuff out of her holds.
 She also looks as rough as the other boat.
 She passes by the distillery.

 the almost beam shot.
 And the beam shot.  I love how blue the river looks.
One more shot.

No comments: