Thursday, April 30, 2020

Catching the Dolphin

As I was getting ready to leave the island, I noticed some commotion by the Belle Isle bath house.  Well I noticed the commotion as police cars were passing by as I was taking pictures of the Conveyor but I noticed their destination when I got to that side of the island.
 There were some boats in the water (my next post) but what really caught my attention was the sound of the Dolphin.
 The Dolphin is the HH-65 Helicopter that belongs to the Coast Guard.  They use it in search and rescue.
 This particular one is based out of Selfridge Air National Guard Base.
 It was doing circles in a search pattern.
 After I left Belle Isle, I stopped at Milliken because I saw the helicopter was circling around.
 Milliken gave me some better pictures I think.
 the guy in the door may be a diver.
But it was cool to see.

No comments: