Monday, April 27, 2020

Catching Up With the Arthur M. Anderson

So on Thursday, I saw that the Arthur M. Anderson was coming down.  She is one of the ships that I like to catch, so  I decided to head down to Belle Isle to catch her.  As I said with my other posts, Belle Isle is pretty nice to practice social distancing.  There isn't a ton of people there right now.
 The Arthur M. Anderson is famous because she was the last ship in contact with the Edmund Fitzgerald on the night she went down. 
 The Anderson was heading down to Conneaut.  I think she was coming down from Calcite which meant that she had a load of stone.
 I think it is roughly a 48 hour round trip if she heads back to Conneaut.
 It's nice to see that her paint job still looks pretty nice.  I think got a new paint job last year.
 Given that fresh water is not too rough on ships, she should be around for a while.
 The beam shot.
 She continues down the river.

I couldn't quite get a full stern shot though.

No comments: