Thursday, April 30, 2020

Some Rescue Boats

As I said in my last post, I also saw some boats.
 This is a boat owned by the US Border Patrol but I think it was being used in a search and rescue role.  I think this would normally be done by a Coast Guard boat.
 This is used by several police authorities, including the coast guard.  I've seen it used by the Windsor Police on occasion too.
 I'm not sure who they were looking for though.
 I think this boat is new to the Detroit Police.  I know I used to see another type of boat used by the Harbor Master.
 Again, he was assisting in the search.
 The two boats pass each other.
 The 25' Defender boat in the first picture is slowly getting replaced by these 29' Metal Shark Boats.  They are powered by twin Honda 225 horsepower outboard motors.  This gives the boat a 45 knot top speed.
 They are equipped with new sensors and radar. 
They are built in Louisiana and I think they look pretty cool.

No comments: