Monday, April 27, 2020

Catching Up With the American Spirit

It took me alot longer to catch my first thousand footer this year but I guess that is understandable since I didn't go boatwatching until now.  If I recall, American Steamship was bought by the Rand Corporation which is also the Corporation that owns Lower Lakes and their Canadian subsidiary.  I'm not sure what that means for any of them but I have a feeling there is going to be a reorganization at some point.
The American Spirit was heading back to Duluth from Cleveland.
I think she was delivering iron to Cleveland Bulk Terminal.  From there other ships will transport the iron down to the steel mill.  I don't think the American Spirit could navigate the Cuyahoga River anyway (which is why we have the River Class ships).
It is nice to get out and see ships though but I suspect as the weather gets nicer and there are more people on Belle Isle that might be harder.
I'll enjoy it while I can though.
I didn't swap lenses, so I got some closeups of the pilothouse.
One more shot before heading back home.

No comments: