Thursday, April 23, 2020

Waking Up to the John G. Munson

 On Tuesday, I decided to head down to Belle Isle.  I've been reluctant to head out too far because of the "stay at home orders".   One component of the "stay at home orders" is the fact that we are allowed to go to the park if we practice social distancing.  The weather on Tuesday was pretty conducive to social distancing, so I headed down there.
 The first ship that I ran across was the John G. Munson.  She was originally heading down to Conneaut, Ohio with what I presume was a load of stone.  It was a little on the windy side and I think she turned around when she reached Lake Erie.  I think she was waiting out the weather in the Belle Isle anchorage.
 It was kind of nice to catch a ship in this spot because it gave me a chance to get the Renaissance Center in the background.  Normally, they are on the other side of the river and you can't get the Ren Cen in the picture.
 I tried to pull out a little bit to get more of the tower in the picture.  It kind of worked.
 Another angle from another spot.  At least I got the former Comerica Tower in the picture.
 And another spot.
 I kind of wish I didn't get those branches in the right of the picture.
I think I like this picture the best.

No comments: