Thursday, March 31, 2022

A Stop at Fish Point

 I was hoping to catch the Alpena and CSL Tadoussac on Wednesday.  The Alpena arrived in the middle of the night and I don't think Del Ray is open.  The CSL Tadoussac is waiting in Lake Erie to enter the Rouge River.  I'm not sure why she is waiting down there but it makes it difficult to catch.  So I ended up heading up to Fish Point.  I was hoping that I would see some snowy owls as people are still seeing them up there.  Barring that, some other birds.

I was able to see a few red winged blackbirds.  This one posed for me.
Many people consider the robin as the spring bird but many have a tendency to stay behind for the winter and unless you see a group of them, when you see the "first" bird of spring, it is usually one  that stayed behind.  
Red winged blackbirds tend to migrate early and come back early.  As a result, when they arrive, it is usually spring but it didn't feel like spring either yesterday or today.
These are a fairly common denizen at Fish Point.
But they like to head for the weeds if you get too close.


No comments: