Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The Algoma Strongfield Makes an Appearance

 I was hoping to catch the Alpena yesterday but she wasn't cooperating with me on a time.  I was also hoping to catch the CSL Tadoussac but she also wasn't cooperating with me.  I saw that there were two ships that would be passing the St. Clair River at roughly the same time, so I decided to go catch them.

First up was the Algoma Strongfield.
I think the Algoma Strongfield was going to be used by the Canadian Wheat Board but something happened so Algoma took her over.
At any rate, she is one of the newer Chinese builds.
She is also one of the straight deckers which means she is pretty much used for the grain trade.
As such, she was heading up to Thunder Bay where she will pick up a load of grain for somewhere.
With the situation in Ukraine, Canadian farmers might have to pick up the slack which means that these ships may be busy.
At any rate, it is nice to see them as I think they are picking up winter wheat for somewhere.
It was a fairly nice day as well.

The best beam shot I could get.
A shot of her pilot house.
One more.
And she continues on her way.
I headed up to Port Huron next.
I wanted to use my drone.  Although there were a ton of seagulls here.
She makes the turn for Lake Huron.
I kind of like the light on this one.
the bowshot.
And she makes the turn.
And I switched to my drone.
I was happy to use my drone.
but it seems that I'm a little rusty at Port Huron.
That will change.
the beam shot.
She continues on to Thunder Bay.
If all goes well for her, she should be there by March 31.


No comments: