Friday, March 25, 2022

Catching the AlgoCanada

The first ship of the season passed through the Soo Locks.  Another ship passed through the Welland Canal to be the first of the season there too.  So as of now, the season is officially opened.  I was hoping to catch the Arthur M. Anderson as she headed up to the Soo Locks but that wasn't too be.  I didn't see much stirring as the ships heading up to the Soo had already passed but then I saw on on Marine Traffic.

The AlgoCanada was heading up to Sarnia.  
I think she was heading from Nanticoke.
Since the tankers have been doing normal runs during the off season, this wasn't special.
It was still cool to catch a ship.
Unfortunately, it was a little on the windy side, so I couldn't use my drone.
She still a pretty nice looking ship.
the clouds looked pretty cool yesterday.
She starts to pass me by.
Almost gives me a beam shot.
And then the beam shot.
She passes by and you can see her home port.
One more shot.  I kind of like some foreground stuff in the shot.
 

No comments: