Saturday, March 26, 2022

Catching an Unexpected Visitor

 I decided to head down to Detroit today.  I was hoping to catch a new Coast Guard cutter as she was heading up to Duluth.  She was going to replace the Alder which is currently in Baltimore undergoing a refit.  After completion, she will head over to San Francisco.

The cutter that I was hoping to catch ended up stopping for fuel at Mistersky and she ended up staying there because I think the weather on  the lakes was going to be nasty.  Maybe I will be able to catch her tomorrow.
I saw that the Oakglen was coming up.  I think she is heading to Two Harbors but I'm not sure as she is currently anchored just outside of Port Huron right now.
She was coming over from Montreal I think.
Anyway, it was nice to see her because I think her days are numbered.  
Except it looks like she gets quite a bit of use.
I'm not sure why she would be heading up to Two Harbors but it might be to pick up iron.
There might still be a dock somewhere that has the clamshells that can unload iron ore from one of these.
I think I might need a tetanus shot after seeing this one.  She definitely could use a paint job.
She passes the grain elevator in Windsor.
The distillery.
She is a pretty nice looking ship though.
The almost beam shot.
I'm not sure what this building.
As the beam shot approached, it started to snow.  At least there wasn't ice on the river.
And she passes into the snow.
One more, I like this one.  I love the misty look.

Anyway, I think I might have a chance to catch the cutter tomorrow.  We'll see, I guess.


No comments: