Saturday, March 12, 2022

The Iver Bright Again

 I was hoping to catch another ship today but I got a late start.  As I thought I was going to miss a ship, I saw this one heading up to the St Clair River.

I think this is the fourth time that I've caught this ship in the off season.  I guess that is not hard when it pretty much goes between Sarnia and Monroe.
Since it delivers asphalt and Michigan is doing a bunch of roadwork, it has been pretty busy.
She is a nice looking ship.
The company that owns her keeps her in pretty good shape.
I never realized I could see that tower from here.
And judging by the bow wake, she was moving at a pretty good clip.
It is still nice to see ships in the off season, even if it is a ship that I've seen a few times in the past month.
Soon, the Locks will open and things will be back to normal.
She starts to pass by.
I kind of like this angle.
The beam shot.
And of course, the sun comes out for a bit.
One more before moving on.

After this, I headed up M-25, I was hoping to catch a snowy owl.  Unfortunately, the snowy owls weren't cooperating.  Oh well, maybe next time.


No comments: