Saturday, April 2, 2022

And the American Century

 It was a slow day for ships yesterday but I saw that the American Century was making her way down.

I got a pretty late start, so I had to catch her in Algonac.  I wasn't sure I would be able to catch her as she passed Detroit.
She was coming down from Two Harbors.
And she was heading to Conneaut.
I think she was delivering taconite to Conneaut.
Anyway, it was pretty cool to catch a 1000 footer and this is the first one I've seen this season.
She's a pretty cool looking ship.
I don't like Algonac as much, I don't get the variety of angles that I get elsewhere.
But they are still pretty nice views.
One more with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I can make my angles here.
It was snowing a little bit but the wind wasn't too bad.
She continues down the river.
I kind of like this shot.
the beam shot.
And she continues on her way to Conneaut, Ohio.  I think it is about 24 hours from this point.


No comments: