Sunday, April 24, 2022

Catching Up With the Munson

 I saw that there would be a fairly nice parade of ships yesterday, so I headed down to Del Ray to catch them.  I also saw that the parade would be done early in the afternoon, so that I could head elsewhere if I wanted.  I'm glad that I did because I got a pretty nice treat.

First up was a ship that I was happy to catch.
The John G. Munson is a favorite of mine.  She is also a favorite of Rogers City because she used to work for the stone fleet from there.
One of my cousins served on her for a summer.  I'm not sure if she is a favorite of his.
She's a nice looking ship and has that classing freighter look.
Since it was a nice day yesterday, there were quite a few people out fishing.
Anyway, it was nice catching her.  Sadly, I was kind of shooting into the sun.
And then I switched to my drone.  I can position that so that I am shooting with the sun.
The Munson was heading down from Calcite.
She was carrying a load of stone.
I think she was heading to the stone dock that is located near the foot of the new bridge.
She catches a nice spot of sun.
You can see all the fishing boats behind her.
Trying to get a straight shot from my drone.
She slowly pulls into the dock.
She passes the cement plant.

She starts to turn into the dock.
Her flag flying proudly.
One more shot before moving to the next ship.


No comments: