Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Frontenac Returns to This Blog

 So this is one of the ships that I wanted to catch on Sunday.  She was making her way down from Thunder Bay over the weekend.  There was still some ice on Lake Superior, so I figured I might have a chance to catch her.

So the ship in question was the Frontenac.
She was heading down from Thunder Bay.  
I think she was carrying grain, but I'm not sure.
I have a feeling that lots of ships will be carrying grain, especially if the war in Ukraine continues much longer.  Hopefully countries like Canada can make up the shortage from that.
At any rate, it was pretty cool to see the Frontenac.
She is one of the last classic Canadian lakers left.
And she is certainly the best looking one of the bunch.
Although the Tadoussac is close.
The winds were pretty calm, so I had a chance to take out my drone.
With the sun out and the sky so clear, the Detroit River was a cool shade of blue.
The Frontenac was heading to Port Colborne.
Like I said, I assume she was carrying grain, but I'm not 100% sure.
She almost cuts a beam shot.
She continues on her way.
Unfortunately, I was shooting into the sun.
And one more shot before moving on.


No comments: