Sunday, April 3, 2022

Catching Up With a Movie Star

 I saw that this ship was coming down.  I wasn't sure when she would be passing as there has been quite a bit of ice on Lake Superior.  That made following her pretty interesting.

I had a chance to catch her on the way up but other things got in the way.  I like catching her because she is a nice looking ship.
This is the Michipicoten.
She was coming down from Thunder Bay with a load of oats.
She was heading down to Toledo.
She made an appearance in the movie "Grosse Pointe Blank" when she was the Elton Hoyt, Jr. for Interlake Steamship.
She's been on this blog a few times.
Mainly because the author of this blog likes her looks.
She definitely has the classic laker look to her.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for the river.
Unfortunately, I got the bridge in my picture.
One more with my camera before switching to my drone.
I would have to say that Port Huron is one of my favorite spots to shoot with my drone.
I love having the Blue Water Bridge in the background but I should try one of the closer parks.
I could have the ship more framed by the bridge.
But unfortunately, I don't get as many angles with my camera from that spot.
The beam shot.
She passes a bunch of ships currently in layup.
And continues down the river.
I headed down to St. Clair next.
I like the views here.
But I didn't take as many pictures with my camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
The pictures are nice from here.
I like this angle.
The beam shot.
She continues down the river.
One more shot before moving on.


No comments: