Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Kaye E. Barker Rides the Winds Out

 As I said in the other post, I went over to Muskegon to catch the Kaye E. Barker coming in.  That didn't quite happen but I still got some pictures of her.

Yesterday, she hit a sandbar as she was coming in.  They had to get her unstuck and to do so, they lightened her load a bit.
She got off the sandbar and was sitting off the pier last night.  She tried to enter a couple of times this morning but to no avail.
I saw that she was still off the pier, so I decided to head over to catch her.  I figured that I would catch her going in or leaving.
It turns out that neither happened.  So I went to different spots on the beach to get different angles of her.
I couldn't get too many different angles but this kind of worked.
As I was going down the beach, it started to rain.
That of course made my pictures a little more misty but I don't mind that so much.  It adds atmosphere.
I thought this was my last one.
But then I found one more angle that I liked.  As I type this post, she is still waiting to get in.  It was pretty windy over there.  Apparently, there were some diversions from O'Hare.  Hopefully she will be able to get into tomorrow.


No comments: