Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Kaye E. Barker Makes an Appearance As Well

 The Kaye E. Barker has been a fairly busy ship so far this season.

She started the season by making repeat runs from Sandusky to Detroit.
She was finally freed from that duty to head up to Marquette to pick up some taconite.
She delivered that taconite to the Rouge Plant and now she was heading out.
I was kind of happy to catch a ship leaving the Rouge because it doesn't usually work out that I can do that.
It's definitely a different view coming out of the Rouge than when she is entering.
I just wish I would have caught a picture of her leaving the steel mill because I think she pull into the turning basin and come out bow first.
I would love a bow shot with the steel mill in the back ground.
I guess I will have to settle for a train bridge.
I switched to my drone because I wanted these shots.
You can see the Victory/Pathfinder in the background.  I think she was unloading stone.
I also had the chance to catch some ships going into Chicago but I didn't think I would make it in time.
But this is a pretty good substitute as this looks like one of the Chicago bridges.
In fact, it looks like the bridge that the Blues Brothers jumped over.
I think it was built by the same company.
It is definitely the same type.
I'm just glad they were able to fix it because this is one of the last bridges of this type in the state.
I like this picture.
She passes through.
Sort of an overhead shot.
After catching her on the river, I had to catch her leaving the Rouge.
I've never caught a ship from this angle.  You can see another barge in the background.  She is unloading coal.
She makes the turn for Sandusky.
I moved the drone, I kept trying to keep it inside of her turn.
I love the red of the hull against the river.
YOu can see her path as she is leaving the river.
I was thinking about this picture today.  If I had taken this picture about 50 years ago, there would have been brown sludge leaving the river.
She gains speed.
She is heading down to Sandusky.
I think she will be picking up stone or coal there.
And then I think she will be back in Detroit.

And she continues on.


No comments: