Sunday, April 24, 2022

The True Star of Major League

 It wasn't too long before I caught the next ship.  In fact, as soon as the Munson passed, the Sam Laud appeared.

I don't remember where she was coming up from.  It was one of the Ohio ports but I don't remember which one.
She was heading up to the steel mill in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario though.
I think that means she came up from Sandusky.
But I'm not entirely sure.
At any rate, I think she was loaded.
One more shot with my regular camera.
And you wonder about the title of this post?
At the start of "Major League", they show a freighter on the Cuyahoga River.
That freighter is the Sam Laud.
She doesn't appear for long but she appears long enough to show her name.
She is occasionally used for shuttle runs on the Cuyahoga.
The beam shot.
It turns out that she was heading for the fuel docks first.


No comments: