Wednesday, July 20, 2022

And the Cuyahoga

 So the next ship was pretty cool to see.

The classic laker is becoming a dying variety of ship.
When I say classic laker, I mean the ship that has the pilot house mounted forward and a deckhouse in the back.
The Cuyahoga is the last of the "Maritimer" ships that is left out of a class of 16 ships.
She was built in World War II in order to help the iron mining industry for building steel.
It's kind of sad because I have a feeling that her time is coming to an end.
I don't know how much time she has left on her five year certificate but I can't imagine they are going to renew it.
I think those are fairly expensive to renew especially if there is work required.
So I'll enjoy her while I can.
And then I switched to my drone.
I kind of like this view.

She starts to pass.
The beam shot.
She was just heading to Sarnia.
I think she was delivering stone.
The stern shot with my drone.


And one more shot with my regular camera.

No comments: