Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Catching the Mighty Oberstar

 So I was going to go back to the air Show on Sunday.  Except that when I looked at the weather, it looked like there was a strong chance of thunderstorms.  I didn't think anything would perform, so I decided not to head over to the air show.

I didn't want to waste my day and it looked like a decent day on the river, so I headed up to Port Huron.

The Oberstar was coming up from the Rouge River.  I  think she was delivering taconite to the steel mill.
And now she was heading back up to Marquette.
I might have this confused with another boat that is coming up shortly.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for the channel.
As I said, I love the ships that have scrubbers installed.   It makes them look like steamships.
So I switched to my drone.
I love the blue of the water.
Again, I was trying to shoot from low.
Another shot with my drone.
The beam shot.
She makes her way out to Lake Huron.
The steam from her scrubber.
Out further on Lake Huron.
One more shot with my regular camera.


No comments: