Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Battle Creek Air Show - Part II

 And the fun continues.

Next up was an F/A-18 demonstration by one of the Navy groups.
While I prefer the older Navy planes, since they've introduced the Super Hornet, it is pretty cool.
The plane pulls up, there wasn't quite enough moisture in the air yesterday, so I didn't get the vortices as much.
She comes by for a pass.
One more pass.
They did a heritage flight.  F/A-18, F-35 and Corsair.
It comes by for another pass.

They break up before leaving.
Paratroopers.
Triotroopers.
One of them coming in for a landing.
Another aerobatic act.
LIke I said, I like to watch these.
An Air Force F-35.
The demonstration wasn't much different than the Navy/Marine one.
I kind of like this shot.
Red, white and blue spot.
It goes into its paces.
I kind of like the swirling of the smoke due to the propellor.
I kind of like this shot.
It goes into a spin.
And then the Thunderbirds came on.
I like the Thunderbirds but not as much as the Blue Angels.
The diamond formation.
A nice pass.
The mirror by the opposing solos.
I'm not sure what this formation is called.
But it made for a nice picture.
One of the solos.
The diamond again.
A pass.
I think it was getting windy, so I think the performance was cut short a bit.
The line abreast.
And the final pass of the delta formation.  It was looking pretty ominous to the west, so I think they had to shorten their performance.   It was still pretty cool to see though.



No comments: