Monday, July 4, 2022

The Alpena Delivers Cement to Detroit

 I wasn't in the mood for doing much yesterday.  Going up to Traverse City and back kind of took alot out of me.  Then I saw that the Alpena would be passing Detroit.  I decided to head out to catch that.

Well when I say passing Detroit, I meant that she would be stopping at the cement plant in Detroit.
I figured I would catch her at Belle Isle.  It was a good thing I gave myself a little time to catch her because there was a line to get on Belle Isle.
Fortunately the line wasn't too bad.  I ended up taking a spot near the end of the island.
I think it is the better pictures.
One more with my camera.
And then I switched to my drone.  I was trying a lower angle again.  I think I like this a little better.
She starts to pass.
The light was just about perfect.
The almost beam shot.
The beam shot.
And she continues down the river.
I headed down to Belle Isle.  I was hoping that I could catch her as she was going into the dock.
Going up.  I kind of like this shot.  Especially since it's an angle I can't get.
Back down.
A sort of quarter angle shot.
I pulled the drone out to get a shot of the dock.  To the left is the support for the Gordie Howe bridge.
Low at an angle.
Heading back.
One more to get the full expanse of the dock.
And then I switched to my regular camera.
Pulled out with my normal camera.
One more.  She left this morning and I was almost tempted to catch her but I had other fish to fry today.


No comments: