Sunday, July 3, 2022

The Cherry Festival Air Show - Part II

 I decided to split this into two parts because there were alot pictures to sort through.

Next up was an A-10 demo.
These A-10s were from Maryland.
It was pretty cool to watch.  They went through all their paces.
Not a view I would like.
A pretty cool looking plane.

Coming in for a pass.
The pair of them.
They pass.
The Manitou as she returns.
Not sure what kind of plane this was.
But it belongs to Michael Goulian whom I'm sure I've seen before.
It's amazing the paces they put these planes through.
And the main attraction.
The Blue Angels are the reason why I headed up there.
I know that I'm going to see them in 2 weeks but it is always cool to see them.
The famous diamond.
Both planes pass each other.
One of the solos passing.
The diamond coming at me.
If I were in the spot I wanted, this would have looked like a mirror.
One of the planes peeling off.
This was kind of cool.  The diamond going for another maneuver and one of the solos passing by.
Again, there was just enough moisture in the air.
The mirror by the diamond.
The opposing solos passing.
And they break off.
Another solo.
The main group in echelon formation.
I think this was line abreast.
They pass each other again.

Breaking up.
The diamond.
This was pretty cool.
They do a loop.
And reaching for the moon.
Another burst.
Passing the Manitou.
Passed the Manitou.
And just before they get into the landing formation.

I'll have to admit it was pretty cool to go up there.  If I end up going up there next year, I'm going to get a room so I can get a spot sooner.  It seems like I want one of the main beaches to get a really good view.


No comments: