Saturday, July 23, 2022

The American Century Heading Upbound at Port Huron

 I wasn't sure what I wanted to do today.  Then I looked at Marine Traffic and saw that I could catch three thousand footers.

First up was the American Century.
I'm not sure where she was heading up from since Marine Traffic listed her origin as Detroit.
I'm pretty sure she stopped in Detroit for fuel, so I'm not sure where she was before that.
I'm going to guess that she was either at Conneaut or Cleveland.  Likely Conneaut since Cleveland had a thousand footer there.
Either case, she would have been carrying taconite.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for Lake Huron.
One more shot with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I've been trying to get lower for better angle shots.  I like this one.
But I like this one too.
I had to get higher to catch the ship.
She makes the turn.
I didn't catch what the tugboat was though.
The beam shot.
And she heads out into Lake Huron.
One more as she continues on her way to Superior.


No comments: