Saturday, April 22, 2023

A Rainy Day Boatwatching

 So I decided to go boatwatching today.  It was fine as I started to head out but I could see the gray in the sky to the west.  I thought I would have plenty of time.

First I thought I was going to catch the Leitch in Marine City but I didn't leave in enough time because I had some errands to to.  Then I thought I would catch her in Algonac but I saw her passing by.  I wasn't sure about catching her in Detroit as the rain was getting worse.
So I headed up to Port Huron where I saw that there were a couple of ships coming down.  I got to Port Huron in time.
the Huron Spirit was coming back after delivering a pilot to the first ship that I would see.
The next ship would be a saltie, as such she requires a pilot.
Port Huron is one of the pilot transfer points.
So occasionally, I get to see the pilot boat.
The straight on shot.
And one more.


No comments: