Saturday, April 1, 2023

A Rainy, Windy Day but a Cool One

 The weather looked pretty nasty when I woke up this morning but it started to settle down.  I saw that the Arthur Anderson was heading back to Two Harbors, so I figured I was going to catch her.  I also looked at the planes coming into Detroit Metro and saw that I could catch a 787 and 757 within minutes of each other.    I kind of like catching planes on rainy days because they make nice patterns as the wings slice through the moist air.

As I was heading to the airport, I saw that the planes were coming in from the south.  The best place to be when that happens is on the parking deck.  As I parked and looked at Flight Radar, I saw that they were coming in from the north.  I was thinking of moving to my other spot but I decided I don't have many pictures from this angle, so I stayed.  It was a good thing.
First up was a CRJ-900 coming in from Syracuse.
This is a pretty good vantage point to catch planes taking off.  This A321 was kicking up water as it was getting ready to head to Atlanta.
One I was not expecting but still happy to catch.
This A330 was coming in from Amsterdam.
Sort of a shot of the skyline in the background.
You can see the tower for the Gordie Howe Bridge.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Green Bay, I think.
One of the planes that I was waiting for.
This is the 787-9 belonging to Lufthansa.  I love how the wings of the 787 flex up in flight.
It was coming in from Frankfurt.
Another shot of a non-descript skyline.
Reverse thrusters applied.
It starts to taxi to the gate.
One more for the beacon shot.
An Embrear E175 coming in from Columbus.
I liked this shot because of the reflections.
Oh yeah, the reason why it was good I stayed here.  Apparently, the winds were reaking havoc on things.  So they switched to the 27s.  I like the 27s because it gives a different angle.  This CRJ-900 was diverted from Cleveland I think.
An A319 heading to Miami.
An American Airlines 737 heading to either Charlotte or Dallas.  I couldn't make out the tail number.
An A321 heading to Fort Myers.
A CRJ-900 from Albany.
This CRJ-900 was heading to Elmira.  I liked the shot with the United plane waiting in the background.
Airborne.
A Spirit Airlines A321 coming in from LaGuardia.
A Delta Airbus getting de-icing.  It was hovering around freezing, so I guess I understand this.
An A321 heading to Palm Beach.
The other plane that I was waiting for.
It was a 757 coming in from Tampa.
Touchdown with a bit of smoke.
Taxiing to the gate.
One more because I like the 757 and its my blog.
An A330 coming in from London.
Touchdown.
An A321 heading to Atlanta.
A 717 heading in from Philadelphia.
An A350 taxiing to fly to Incheon.
An A350.
This one was coming in from Haneda.
Beacon shot.
A bit of smoke as it touches down.
The front wheel coming down.
A 717 coming in from Buffalo.
And an A321 as it heads off to Fort Lauderdale.


No comments: