Saturday, April 29, 2023

The Algoma Guardian Passes By

 It looked like it was going to be a decent day on the river.  So I headed down to Riverside Park since I couldn't catch the ships up near Port Huron.

I had to run some errands and this ship was approaching the park as I arrived.
The Algoma Guardian was coming down from Thunder Bay (I'm guessing) and she was heading to Quebec City.  
I think this means that she was carrying grain to offload in Quebec City.
I think the grain in Quebec City gets picked up by larger ships for trading overseas.
Anyway, it was neat to see her but it was sad to see all the rust on her.
I have a feeling that means she's not long for this world.
She passes the Ambassador Bridge.
Another angle.
She continues down the river.
She is about to pass the Gordie Howe Bridge.


No comments: