Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Catching Up With the Sykes

 I saw that the Sykes was heading down on Sunday.  She was passing at time that I could get her.  While I enjoyed my other pictures of her, these were a little better because the sun was all the way up.

For her first trip, the Sykes went from Burns Harbor to Cleveland.  I assume she was carrying iron fines on that trip.
After she left Cleveland, she headed up to calcite where she picked up stone.
She was returning to Cleveland to deliver the stone, I presume.
I heard that she might be doing some shuttle runs in Cleveland.
So it's entirely possible that she may be around on Friday, so I might be able to catch her again.
Anyway, it was a nice day to catch her.
After Marysville, I went down to St. Clair to catch her.  If I didn't already catch those other two ships, I might not have caught her in as many places.
If you stand in the right spot in St. Clair, you can get a decent bow shot.
I was close, but not the right spot.
It was close.  I think I needed to be a little over.  Oh well.  Not a bad shot though.
Besides, I think I like these angles more.
The light was prefect.
One more shot with my normal camera.
It was getting windier here, so I had some issues with my drone.
I was still able to get my favorite angle though.
the beam shot.
And she continues down the river.
I headed to Marine City next.
This is another spot where I can catch a bow shot.
It's just a little further out.
She makes the turn.
I like this shot because it is relatively unobscured.
A little messy from loading stone.
An almost beam shot.
I like this shot.
And the beam shot.
A shot of her stack.
The Stars and Stripes flying proudly in the breeze.
Another shot.
Another shot of her stack.
One more shot.


No comments: