Saturday, April 1, 2023

Catching the Arthur M. Anderson

 After catching my planes, I headed up to catch the Anderson.  She stopped for fuel, so that gave me an extra two hours to catch her.

Sadly, I just missed her in Marine City, so I headed up to the next place which was St. Clair.
I think it is just as well because it was raining pretty hard in Marine City as I got there.  It wasn't too bad here as it was just misting.
I was able to catch the Anderson as she headed up north for the first time this season.  I was hoping I would be able to catch her as she came back, but I think there is still ice on the St. Marys River which delayed things a bit.
So her first revenue trip of the year was down to Cleveland.  Unfortunately, the times didn't work out for me, so I wasn't able to catch her on the way down.
However, I made it a point to catch her on the way back.
She is heading up to Two Harbors.
Where she will probably load taconite.
Hopefully, I will be able to catch her on the return trip.
The beam shot.
She continues on the way up.
Next I headed to Marysville.  It was getting a little mistier.
I wasn't sure I would be able to get pictures of her.
But I kind of like the effect.
The bow shot.
She continues to pass by.
This is probably my favorite angle.

And then I switched to my other lens.

the almost beam shot.
And she passes by again.
Then I headed up to Port Huron.  This is probably my favorite spot to catch ships.
It works for either upbound or downbound ships.
You just have to switch sides of the park.
She was kicking up a bit of a wake.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for the channel.
AGain, I think this is the view that I like.
She moves on.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridges.
Close up again.
Another shot with the bridge.
A shot of her pilot house.
A beam shot of her pilothouse.
Her deckhouse.
Her stack.
Her flag blowing straight back.
She enters Lake Huron.
My camera pulled back to get a little more of the sky.  It looks alot better than when I started.


No comments: