Saturday, April 8, 2023

Catching the Sykes on the Return Trip

 As I looked at Marine Traffic last night, I saw that the Wilfred Sykes was leaving Cleveland.  I looked at the timing for her to pass Port Huron.  I was not optimistic I would be able to catch her because I had some stuff I needed to take care of this morning.  Fortunately, she stopped for fuel and that gave me plenty of time.

I was able to catch her in Marysville at first.  She was heading up from Cleveland.  She was spending the week in Cleveland doing shuttle runs after a delivery of stone from Stoneport.
She is heading up to Calcite as I type this.  I wonder if that means she is going to be returning this way to do some shuttle runs in Cleveland again.
I guess we will see.
She is a nice looking ship and it seems like her owners take good care of her.
The beam shot.
I had my big lens on to catch another ship, so I did a closeup of her stack.
The rear of her pilothouse.
she continues up to Port Huron.
I headed up to Port Huron next to catch her.
As I've said, I love the views in Port Huron.
You get most of the angles.
Only the light is not so great.
the bow shot.
She makes the turn for the channel.
She has a very nice profile.
One more with my regular camera.
It was fairly calm out, so I was able to get my drone out.
the water was a nice shade of blue.
the lighting was better for me.
She continues out to Lake Huron.
The profile shot.
She continues on.
Heading out into Lake Huron.
And she heads up to Calcite.  If I would have looked closely, I would have seen the next ship was much closer than I thought it was.


No comments: