Friday, June 19, 2015

The Paper Mill on a Warm Summer Night

We've been getting a bunch of rain lately and as a result the Huron River has been flowing a little quicker lately.  It makes the "falls" near the old Paper Mill that much more noticeable.
 As I was passing the park, I noticed that the falls are moving quite a bit.  I've been meaning to take a picture of it for a couple days at least.  Since I wasn't really doing much else tonight, I decided to stop at the park to get some pictures.
 Peninsular Park itself is not a bad park.  It seems like the city of Ypsilanti tries to maintain it to the best of their ability.  The problem is that it attracts some pretty shady clientele.   While I like to get pictures of the former power building, I don't like to linger there too long.
 The pictures from the bridge were a little better but I was shooting almost directly into the sun.  Again, it's nice to see all the green.
A slightly different angle.  I might have to take some pictures in the morning when I'm shooting with the sun and not into it.

No comments: