Monday, May 27, 2019

And the Always Lovely Kaye E. Barker

The Oberstar was followed by another classic laker.
 The other classic laker was the ever lovely Kaye E. Barker. 
 I believe she was heading up from Dearborn.  If that was the case, she would have had a load of taconite.
 I think she was heading up to Calcite to pick up a load of stone for Grand Haven.  Shortly after I took these pictures, I saw pictures of her heading to Grand Haven.
 I kind of wish I would have caught that because Grand Haven is always a nice backdrop for ships.
 Anyway, I think it is about 12 hours from Port Huron to Calcite.  So it's not a particularly long run for the ship.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 Probably my favorite shot of the series.
 In case you ever wondered why it was called the Blue Water Bridge.
One more shot as she enters Lake Huron.

No comments: