Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The Southern Michigan Railroad Society

So on Sunday we ended up heading over to my cousin's for his daughter's third birthday.  He lives over in Kalamazoo but we had to go by way of Hillsdale so that we could deliver one of my mother's paintings.  That meant taking US-12 over.  I don't mind taking US-12 over especially if it is a pretty nice day.
 As I was approaching Clinton, I remembered that they had a railroad museum of sorts.  It is called the Southern Michigan Railroad Society.  They own a few cars and a couple of engines.  I think this is the only one that is operational right now.
 It is a GE 44 ton switcher and would have been built in the 1940's.
 It is used to run a tourist railroad between Clinton and Tecumseh.  I might have to find out when they do it and take a ride.
One more view of that engine.

No comments: