Thursday, May 23, 2019

The Beatrix Passes Port Huron

I decided to head to Port Huron on Wednesday night.  I saw that I had a chance to catch the Paul Tregurtha, a salty and possibly the Mesabi Miner.  Well, with it being construction season in Michigan, I wasn't able to make it up in time to catch the Mesabi Miner.
 I hoped that I would catch this at the Blue Water Bridge but I didn't make it time.  Fortunately, I made it in time to catch her at a point still in Port Huron.  I wasn't sure my light would hold out much longer.
 She was passing an old restaurant and the parking lot has a pretty good view of the river.
 My mom pointed this out to me.  I kind of like the reflective in the window of the restaurant.
 I'm not sure where she came from, but she was on her way to Liverpool.
 I'm not sure what she was carrying either.
But it was nice to catch her.  As I type this post, she is just past the St. Lawrence Seaway and is in the Atlantic somewhere.

No comments: