Thursday, May 23, 2019

Catching Up with the Paul R. Tregurtha

So this is the ship that I wanted to catch. 
 Again, I was hoping that I would catch her up by the Blue Water Bridges but again that wasn't to be.
 I ended up catching her near the Maritime Center.  It was kind of busy night but I was able to find a spot.
 I loved the way the sun was hitting the clouds and I liked the way the clouds were behind the giant ship.
 She was on her way to deliver coal to the St. Clair Power Plant.  I would imagine she picked up that coal in Superior, Wisconsin.
I love the way the sun was hitting her.
 One more picture at this spot.
 I decided to head down to Marysville to catch her again. I'm glad I did because it was pretty close to the golden hour.
 I just wish I didn't have the cable in the picture.
 I like the purples in the sky.
 I think I really like this picture.
 A shot of her pilothouse with steam coming from her scrubbers.
One more shot of her before we both move on.

No comments: