Monday, May 20, 2019

Catching Up With an Old Friend

It's been a while since I've posted a picture of the Ann Arbor Railroad.  Usually when I hear it, I'm at work and I can't get out to get pictures.  Lately, I haven't been taking my camera to work but with nicer weather and it staying light later, I will be changing that.
 As I was heading home from work last Tuesday night, I saw this guy sitting there.  I didn't have my camera with me, so I grabbed some pictures with my cell phone.  I wasn't happy with those pictures, so I went home to grab my proper camera.  And I was much happier.  I wouldn't have been able to get this picture with my cellphone.
 I pulled out the lens a bit to get both engines in this shot.
 I call this engine the "leet" engine.  This was term that carries over from my MMORPG days.  They would spell words using letters and numbers.  This one was for elite.
 Since the train was stopped and unoccupied, I decided to get some angles I wouldn't normally go for.  This was from the railroad crossing.
 I wasn't able to get much more of an angle though since it was tucked back a bit and there were trees and houses in the way.
 Got a couple cars.
 I think they were pulling these cars down to Toledo.  They've been using their track to store some cars.
 Another angle of that.
I wanted to get this in the picture.

No comments: