Thursday, May 16, 2019

And the Lovely Lee A. Tregurtha

The next ship was kind of a bonus ship.
 I saw the Lee A. Tregurtha making her way upbound on AIS.  I was not sure I would catch her in time.  I think she was heading upbound from Dearborn after delivering a load of taconite to the AK Steel Mill there.
 I think she was heading back up to Marquette to pick up another load of taconite.  That seems to be her standard run lately.  It was nice to catch her.
 It will take her roughly a day to get back to Marquette.  I'm not sure how long it will take her to load but then she will be heading back to Dearborn.
 I definitely like the addition of the scrubber.  It makes her look like a proper steamship.
 The near beam shot.
 The beam shot.
 With a puff of steam, she makes her way towards Lake Huron.
 Roughly 19 hours from here, she will be at the Soo Locks.  And then I think it's another 7 or 8 hours to Marquette.
It's a shorter run compared to others.

No comments: