Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Catching the Philip R. Clarke

The next ship is the one I was interested in catching because it was the first time I caught her this season.
 It seems that my schedule has been off from hers since the beginning of the season.  It always seemed like it would see her on AIS either as I was working or she would pass by in the evening.
 Anyway, it was the Philip R. Clarke and she was making her way to Detroit.  I think she was coming by way of Calcite, so she would have had a load of stone.
 The first of two frontal shots.
 She makes her turn to move towards the mouth of the river.
 Another angle.
 This is probably my favorite angle because it gives a good view of the front but it also gives you an idea of the side.

 She starts to prepare to enter the main channel.
 The other frontal shot.
 She makes her turn for the other channel.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 She continues moving down the River.
 I loved the clouds.
 The beam shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  She is looking like she could use a little bit of paint.  I think that may be coming soon.
 Old Glory flapping in the breeze.
 She continues down the river.  In another five hours from this shot, she would be at her destination.
 A shot of her stern.
Another stern shot.

No comments: