Saturday, May 18, 2019

Return to Fish Point

My cousin just had a baby and Sunday was her baptism.  They had a lunch afterwards, so I went up there to see the baby.  Since it's not too far out of the way, we decided to head over to Fish Point.
 It was a kind of windy and blah day and it seemed like many of the birds were in hiding.   I saw this guy swimming around.  I think it is a younger mallard.   Turns out this guy may be a teal.
 A female mallard.  And this might actually be a female teal.
 And then I saw this egret just standing there.  I am starting to like these birds more and more.  They are elegant looking birds.
 I moved around a bit to get a better angle and a little closer....
Unfortunately, a little too close.

1 comment:

minicooper said...

Top "duck" is a blue-winged teal! The other may be the female!