Thursday, May 2, 2019

Going to Del Ray, Catching the James R. Barker

Before leaving Belle Isle, I checked AIS to see if there was anything coming.  As I looked, I saw that ship was heading upbound.  I didn't feel like staying at Belle Isle for another hour to catch her, so I moved further downriver to catch her sooner.
 As I found out a little bit later, it was a good thing I moved down there.
 I think the James R. Barker was heading up from Cleveland but I'm not 100% sure.  If had been on the river earlier, I would have caught the Barker's mate in the form of the Kaye E. Barker.  If I remember correctly, the people the ships are named after are married.
 At any rate, she was on her way to Silver Bay, MN where I think she would be picking up taconite.
 I'm not sure where she was heading after that but it was nice to catch a thousand footer.
 It was still a beautiful day.
 She passes the grain elevator in Windsor.
 I kind of like this part of the river because I can get some clean shots. 
 I'm not sure what this building is.
 The almost beam shot.  I was kind of happy to get this shot because I wasn't sure if the fishing boats would stay clear for me.
Anyway, shortly after this picture, she made her way for the Mistersky Fuel Dock, so it was a good thing I went to Del Ray.

No comments: