Thursday, May 6, 2021

Catching the Giant of the Lakes

 I had one more ship to catch.  I wasn't sure she would pass in time.

As I was about  to leave the island, I looked up and I saw that she was about to pass the island.  So I headed over to where I needed to be in order to catch her.
I barely had time to catch her but that was fine because I did get her.  This was in a spot where there was usually more ground but it looked like a good chunk had eroded.
She was coming up from Monroe.  She was delivering part of her load there after delivering part of her load to St Clair.
It seems like she has been doing that quite a bit lately.
Now she was heading back up to the Midwest Energy Terminal in Superior.
She would pick up more coal from there and repeat the cycle.
The coal that she picks up there is from Wyoming and apparently is lower in sulfur than other coal.
From this point, it would be about a 48 hour journey to her destination.


No comments: