Saturday, May 15, 2021

Catching Up With the Ojibway

 The next ship is another that I like to catch.

The Ojibway was built in my hometown of Bay City at the Defoe Shipyards.  I think she was the last freighter to be built there.
She started life as the Charles F. Hutchinson and eventually got her current name.
She is probably the last classic "straight decker".
A straight decker is a ship without the self unloading system.
It's kind of amazing that she is still sailing but there has been quite a grain load lately.
I think she was heading down from Thunder Bay where she would have picked up grain.
She is heading to Sorel which is on the other side of Montreal.
She is delivering grain there.
If I recall it is about a 3 day journey from this point.
It is nice to see her since the last time I saw her, she was docked at the Windsor grain elevator.
Because I can't get enough, a couple more pictures.

One more with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
It was a nice night but a little on the windy side.
But it wasn't too windy for my drone.
I was a little lower this time, I wanted to try different angles.
My favorite of the bunch.
The almost beam shot.
And the beamshot.
She continues on.
I was almost shooting into the sun here.
ONe more shot.  Another shot that I like.


No comments: