Saturday, May 1, 2021

The Algonorth Makes an Appearance

 Next I headed up to Port Huron.  I was hoping that I would catch the Frontenac again.

As I was there, I noticed that there was another ship coming down.
When I started the day, this ship was sitting in the anchorage just north of Port Huron.
Sometimes they stay there because they are waiting for a pilot.
Sometimes they are there because they are waiting out storms on Lake Huron.
Oftentimes, they are waiting there because they are waiting for a place to dock in Sarnia.
That was the case this time.
I think these are the colors of the company that owned her before Algoma bought her.  I think at some point, she is going to be painted in Algoma colors.
I think she is like the other Algoma tankers in that she makes runs between Sarnia, Sault Ste Marie and Nanticoke.
I think she was coming down from Sault Ste Marie this time.
Anyway, she is nice to see because she brings a different color to the Lakes.
And one of the reasons why I like the drone.
She passes by.
And a shot as she continues down the river.


No comments: