Monday, May 24, 2021

Next Up the Mesabi Miner

I wasn't sure if I was going to catch the next ship but as I saw her coming closer, I figured I could get some pictures of her.

You can kind of see the effects of heat haze in this picture.  The lettering isn't quite as clear as it should be.
The Mesabi Miner passes the CSL Assiniboine.
The Mesabi Miner was bringing coal from Superior to St. Clair and Monroe.  It seems like these ships have been doing this quite a bit lately.
This is the first time that I've caught the Miner this season.
I was hoping to get drone shots of her but Marysville is a no fly zone for drones.  Or I think I would need authorization to fly there.  I don't really want to mess around with that yet.
She passes the next ship.
It was still nice to catch her.
I'll have to say that these are cool ships.

A shot of her pilothouse because I couldn't pull my camera out any more.
 

No comments: