Thursday, May 6, 2021

The Frontenac on a Windy Day

 After going to Embury Road, I headed up to Bay City because I saw that the Herbert C. Jackson was delivering to the stone dock there.  I knew that I would be pushing the time to get there because she was already leaving when I got there.  In fact, she was past the mouth of the Saginaw River.

As I was deciding what to do next, I saw that the Frontenac was going to be passing Detroit and would be passing at about the same time I arrived there.
Of course, as I got closer to Detroit, I-75 slowed down to a crawl.  I got off at 12 Mile and then took Woodward for some of the way down.  Fortunately I made it in time.
It was a warm but windy day.  Because it was warm, I couldn't get pictures much sooner than this.  They were all heat warped.
Because it was windy enough, I was sort of getting some wave action on the bow.  I think that is kind of cool.  I prefer more waves though.
I think she was heading to Nanticoke but sadly I'm not sure.  Looking at where she is on Marine Traffic, I think that might be the case.
If she was heading to Nanticoke, she would have been delivering iron ore.
I think that is her normal run.
As you can see, the Detroit River was pretty rough.  This would have been around the point when I would have launched my drone but it was too windy.
She almost passes.
The beam shot.
And she passes by.
One more shot and you can see the subject of the next picture.


No comments: