Saturday, May 1, 2021

Catching the Paul R. Tregurtha Again

 On Sunday, my dad came down and we ended up going boatwatching.  There were a few ships that were passing that day.

We went up to Marine City first.  There is a little boat launch just south of town where you can get a good view of upbound ships.   I wasn't sure I was going to catch this one but I wanted to make sure I caught the next ship.
The Paul R. Tregurtha was heading back up to the Midwest Energy Terminal to pick up more coal.
She had finished delivering her load to Monroe and was now heading back.
I didn't have time to get her with my normal camera and I barely had time to catch her with my drone.
But the drone pictures kind of worked.
She continues her way up.
The St. Clair River looks about as a blue as the Detroit River and I think it moves just as quickly.  I know that I wouldn't want to fall in either river.


No comments: