Saturday, May 1, 2021

Getting the Frontenac

 And this is the ship that I wanted to catch.

The Frontenac is one of the last Canadian built classic lakers.
There are currently three Canadian built classic lakers and they are the John D. Leitch, the CSL Tadoussac  and this one.
Of the three, I like this one the best because she is the most classic looking.
The John D. Leitch has the odd looking pilothouse but she is a cool looking ship.
The CSL Tadoussac has the side tanks on her hull but those give her a cool wake.
Like I said, this one looks the most like a classic laker.
One more shot with a normal camera before switching the drone.
I should have tried to move the drone to the other side of the river, but I think I might have been shooting even more in to the sun.  This is one of my complaints with shooting from here.
She does give off nice lines.
I love the extra dimension I get with the drone.
She moves on.
I believe she was also heading up to Superior but I'm not sure what she was picking up.
I think she might have been picking up iron ore because I think her next trip was to Nanticoke.


No comments: