Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Catching Up With the Sykes

 After I finished looking at the Integrity, I checked AIS again.  I saw that the Sykes was visiting Grand Haven.  I decided to head over there next.

The Sykes is rapidly becoming my favorite ship.  She is definitely one of the nicest looking ships that is currently sailing on the Great Lakes.
She will deliver stone down to Burns Harbor and then she will pick up a load of iron fines for Grand Haven.  I think it works well for them because it gives them a back load.  And something tells me that with the fee structure, any time you can get a backload, it's gravy.
Over the winter, Cleveland Cliffs took over from Central Marine Logistics.  You can see their name on the stack.
Since Grand Haven doesn't have a turning basin, they have to back out.
But I don't mind that so much because there is point where it looks like she is coming in.
I had to head over because I've wanted drone shots of her ever since I got my drone.
She backs out of the channel.
Providing a couple of opportunities with the drone.
I switched back to my regular camera because I like these shots.
Another shot with my regular camera.
Back to my drone.  I really like these aerial shots.
One more with my drone.
Back to my regular camera.
She was heading up to Port Inland after this.
She would pick up some more stone over there and maybe make the circle again.
It was nice catching her though.
A clean shot without any other boats in it.
ONe more.

And then I switched back to my drone.  It was kind of a nice day.
I like the shots of the lighthouse.
Just a shot of the lighthouse.
You can see the Sykes making her turn.
I found another spot where I could get some pictures on Lake Michigan.
Because you can never have too many pictures of her.


No comments: