Monday, May 31, 2021

Catching the Lee A. Tregurtha at Algonac State Park

So on Wednesday night, I saw that I had a chance to catch two ships that I like to catch.  They were both heading down the St. Clair River.

I had hoped to catch her in Marine City but I saw that she was passing by the time I got there.  So I headed down M-29 to Algonac State Park.
There is a little spot where you can turn off and you get a pretty good view of the river.  The Tregurtha was booking so I didn't get as many shots of her as I wanted.
She was heading down to Toledo.  I think she was carrying a load of iron.
They built a new iron plant in Toledo.  Next time I pass that way and I have time, I will have to get a picture of it.  Apparently it is now the tallest structure in Toledo.  When I was heading back from Magee yesterday, I saw it.  I will have to say the thing is huge.
Anyway, that makes another destination for iron ore when ships pass this way.
And then I switched to my drone.
I am really liking my drone.  It gives me different angles.  It also gives me the ability to get shots away from the sun.
She starts to pass.
A beam shot.
And she passes.
I think at this point, she is about 3 hours from Detroit after that is roughly another 4 or 5 hours to Toledo.
 

No comments: